|Home alone, tinsel, mistletoe, and gingerbread.|
HOME ALONE:How many of the Home Alone films have you seen?
- Er, just half of the first one. Not a huge fan.
TINSEL:Do you have any traditions at Christmas time?
- Mhmm! My birthday’s right around that time of year so we always have a birthday party/Christmas party on the 23rd since that is two days after my birthday and two days before Christmas (assuming we are in London) and we get my daddy’s professor friends and their families and some of the families in our flat to come and my dad’s mum cooks and it’s very nice and cozy.
GINGERBREAD:Name your favourite tasty treats.
- I’m fond of treacle tart. And gingerbread cookies of course.
MISTLETOE:Name 3 celebs you wouldn’t mind kissing on Christmas Day.
- Oh goodness….um…young Robert Redford. And the new chap in the newest Hunger Games movie. And maybe…Orlando Bloom?
VACATION:Have you ever been away from home for Christmas or will you in the future?
- Oh yes. I’ve been in Africa over Christmas before. Had Christmas in Africa, imagine that? And one year we went to Edinburgh to visit some of my dad’s distant family. That was lovely. And I suppose I do intend to be away. I’d love to be in New York City for Christmas one year. And then maybe Paris. Or Beijing. Somewhere exciting.
AN: SO, I don’t know if I mentioned this to anyone, but for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month for ya’ll who aren’t familiar) I decided to basically write out Jane’s life story, past, present, and future. I changed details, such as instead of attending Elias, she attended Boston University, and I changed the names (Jane Porcher instead of Porter, for instance) and Disney affiliation, obviously. It was SUPPOSED to be broken up into three parts: Past (which included paras I’ve already written), Present (Her life at Elias thus far but set in Boston with different characters and situations), and Future (lots of headcannons I’ve had mostly involving John, Roger, and random other characters). Anyway, a lot of it I really can’t use for Jane here (or in the case of a few parts of the Past stuff, I’ve already written out), but it was a fun thing to do and really helped me get in touch with her. (I didn’t finish, obviously. I got like 30,000 words in and stopped somewhere in the present part; pity because the future part would’ve been fun.) But, the first chapter of the “Past” section involves a lot of Africa backstory which I’ve never written or posted before, so without further adieu, here it is: (Also having never been to Africa, the setting is shit. I’m really bad at setting in general but this is abysmal.)
Well, I, for one, am greatly looking forward to the break.
All this schoolwork and hot weather just makes me even more homesick.
Artist: Ingrid Michaelson
Album: Human Again
Song: In the Sea
No no don’t rescue me
I like the salt water sting
It feels so good to feel
It feels so good just to feel something
In the sea in the sea in the sea in the sea
Artist: A Fine Frenzy
Album: One Cell In The Sea
Song: Almost Lover
goodbye my almost lover
goodbye my hopeless dream